Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Graduates with a good (2nd class) honours degree, or an equivalent qualification, in a relevant discipline are eligible to apply.
- Graduates with a good (2nd class) honours degree, or an equivalent qualification, in any discipline plus relevant work experience are also eligible to apply.
- Those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate a minimum of three years relevant voluntary or professional experience, and other professional qualifications and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
If students have relevant qualifications or work experience, academic credit may be awarded towards Middlesex University programme of study.
Fore more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
The MA Global Governance and Sustainable Development degree is taught within Middlesex University’s School of Law where we deliver high-quality teaching and research, and provide a supportive learning environment, helping students to achieve excellent academic results.
A topic of global importance since the late 1980's, 'sustainable development' refers to "development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs" (Brundtland Report, 1987). It encompasses responsible utilisation of environmental resources and the establishment of social and economic contexts which enable that. Sustainable development is at the heart of global policies such as Agenda 21, which emerged from the UN Earth Summit in 1992 and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals enshrined in a UN resolution as recently as 2015.
Quality of governance is increasingly recognised as central to sustainable development, which requires achieving just and legitimate outcomes in major global socio-economic and environmental issues such as poverty, climate change, food security and biodiversity loss.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
We understand that moving to another country can be a very daunting prospect for many students, especially if it is their first time away from their family, which is why we make it our priority to ensure that international students feel welcome, settled and part of the community.
The University has over 3,600 students from more than 100 nationalities, and we encourage students to embrace the cultures of others as well as sharing their own. Events such as ‘World Food Day’ and our highly anticipated ‘International Day’ enable our students to celebrate and promote the culture and traditions of their home countries.
Dubai is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world, and there are so many things to do and see! In this section, students can find useful contact numbers and websites, information about the UAE, things to do in Dubai and more…
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
For more information please contact email@example.com
Course contact details
- Middlesex University Dubai
- +971 4 367 81 00