You do not need a degree to be considered for this course but should have equivalent professional practice-based experience.
Applicants must be a dance teacher or dance artist engaging in teaching practice.
Months of entry
This is a highly flexible online distance learning MA designed for dance artists and practitioners. The course has been developed especially to allow you to continue working, integrating your professional practice and expertise with academic learning. The programme allows the individual practitioner to focus specifically on their chosen area, for example Participatory Arts, Performance, or Choreography.
Why study MA Professional Practice, Dance (specialisation) at Middlesex University?
Building on the success of our MA Professional Practice (Dance Technique Pedagogy), the first programme of its kind in the country, this unique MA combines critical reflection and individual practice at one of the UK’s top Universities for dance practice and research.
This course has (specialisation) in the title, because you will choose your specialisation before/during your studies, giving your degree the respective title such as Professional Practice, Dance (Choreography), Professional Practice, Dance (Performance)
- You’ll have the flexibility to shape your studies around work commitments so that you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced practitioners
- Your practice is placed at the centre of your research investigation, making your findings applicable within the profession and of value to colleagues, employers and students
- You’ll be part of a vibrant online dance research culture, with access to influential and internationally respected work across the field
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a claim for academic credits against prior formal and informal learning
- As a student you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Middlesex University