You do not need a degree or professional qualifications to be considered for this course but should have equivalent professional experience.
Applicant should be currently or recently engaged in professional level artistic practice.
Months of entry
This is a highly flexible online Distance Education MA designed for professional artists and practitioners. The course has been developed especially to allow you to continue working, integrating your professional practice and expertise with academic learning. The programme allows the individual practitioner to focus specifically on their chosen area, for example Participatory Arts, Performance, or Music Production.
Building on the success of our MA Professional Practice Dance Technique Pedagogy, the first programme of its kind in the country, this unique MA combines critical reflection and individual practice at one of the UK’s top universities for creative industries practice and research.
- You’ll have the flexibility to shape your studies around work commitments so that you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced academic practitioners
- Your practice is placed at the centre of your research investigation, making your study applicable within the profession and of value to colleagues, employers and other students
- You’ll be part of a vibrant international creative industries research culture, with access to influential and internationally respected work across the field
- Your professional experience will be used to claim 80 credits of your MA
- As a student you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module and access to Middlesex's extensive online library.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time18 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 8411 5555