- You need at least a 2.2 Bachelor honours degree , or equivalent from a recognised overseas qualification, in a subject relevant to your chosen subject area
- You must have GCSE grade C / grade 4 or above in English and Maths or be retaking them this year. We also accept the equivalency tests by Equivalency Testing, A Star Teachers or any other appropriately accredited provider
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 in English and maths or standard equivalent
- passed the Literacy and Numeracy Skills Tests
- been subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure check and/or any other appropriate background check
Months of entry
If you're excited by the sound of Music education, then this course will undoubtedly strike a chord. Music is a powerful platform for multi-faceted studying. Our degree, taught by dedicated tutors and supported by outstanding facilities, prepares you with the skills, knowledge and experience to thrive in secondary teaching.
This one-year full-time course enables you to meet the national standards for the award of qualified teacher status. We have excellent relationships with schools in London, Essex and Hertfordshire, and during your studies, you will undertake teaching placements in at least two secondary schools and have the chance to acquire skills in the application of new technologies in teaching and learning. Schools are carefully selected to suit each individual and expose them to a variety of imaginative and thought provoking learning strategies. Key experts from our partner schools are on hand to offer invaluable mentoring and support.
Our focus is on developing effective practice in the classroom within the context of the National Curriculum. Content includes the role of the electronic keyboard, computers and MIDI in music education. Your subject knowledge will be broadened to include a good understanding of jazz, pop and world music. You will study the place of curriculum music in relation to other arts and the broader society and instrumental teaching.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 8411 5555