- A 2:2 honours degree or above in computer science, science or engineering
- Candidates with other degrees but with relevant work experience will also be considered
Months of entry
Today virtually every aspect of modern life depends on the integrity, reliability and efficiency of computer networks – from personal communication to the functioning of the world's economy – which is why the sector is experiencing major investment and qualified professionals are in huge demand.
Why study MSc Computer Networks and Network Design at Middlesex
Our course is designed to equip you to deal with the ever-changing needs of the business world and ever-developing threats to security – combining both theory and intensive practical experience with a strong emphasis on professional skills.
We make the most of our strong links with companies like Microsoft and Siemens and work hard to ensure our course remains highly relevant to the workplace. Practical work is an important part of every module, and unless you're already in employment, we'll help you find a work placement for up to 12 weeks, during which you'll work on your independent research project.
Our award-winning technology centre has five specialist laboratories equipped with the latest industry-standard hardware and software, including OPNET, Wireshark, MATLAB, Simulink, OpNet Modeller 17.0, OMNeT++ , National Instruments and Cisco technology such as Packet Tracer. While studying for this qualification you will work with our LTE test bed and Blade Server, and you will learn how to access and configure cloud-based networks. As part of your studies, you'll also have the opportunity to work towards a Cisco CCNA professional certification, worth £1,600 and considered the gold standard in the industry.
- Spend a minimum of 78 hours gaining practical experience in our industry-standard networking labs
- We encourage students to explore new concepts and developments and were delighted when three of our students were crowned winners at the Young Professional Engineering Challenge
- Middlesex University is an official Cisco Academy licensed to provide CNNA certification training and equipped with the latest industry-standard equipment
- Our strong research profile ensures our courses remain innovative. We have developed our own WSN, Senso LAB, and have also undertaken notable research in areas such as MIMO, LTE and LTE Advanced
- Course Leader Aboubaker Lasebae is a former design engineer at the Research and Development Centre in Tripoli
- The course is suitable for both recent graduates and IT professionals who wish to further their knowledge
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details