Are you interested in the history, the use or beneficial properties of both herbs and honey? Then, this e-learning programme is created for you.This programme concerns everyone who would like to:
- identify Greek herbs
- appreciate the significance of their role in human life
- understand how they are used in various occasions
- understand the characteristic properties of herbs
- know how to incorporate them into their everyday lives
- know the history of honey from antiquity to the present
- understand how honey was incorporated into the daily lives and diet of ancient Greeks
- narrate myths and traditions about honey
- describe how a beehive is organized
- describe bee products (honey, pollen, royal jelly, propolis, bee bread, bee venom, beeswax)
- understand how honey and bee products were used for their beneficial properties from the time of Hippocrates and Galen until today
- understand their multiple uses and properties
Months of entry
Herbs! Flavorful plants used as medicine, seasoning or flavoring. They add a pinch of excitement to the art of cooking. Herbs are contained in numerous products that we use every day. Let's read some labels: mint toothpaste, shampoo with chamomile, aloe cream, cough syrup with echinacea, etc. As plant-derived or organic ingredients they can be found in hot drinks, pastries, insect repellents, and hair dyes. Because of their multiple uses and beneficial properties, they are often included in cooking, medicine, cosmetics, and gardening. Imagine how life would be if herbs did not exist. Odourless? Colourless?
Honey, food for Gods, medicine for people! What about honey? Is it a superfood? Over the centuries, honey has intrigued philosophers intellectuals, poets, authors, and scientists. It was incorporated into the diet and contained in the remedies of ancient Greeks, while it also played a major role in important social occasions such as feasts, sacrifices and athletic games.
This online course aims to offer an understanding of how herbs and honey play a significant role in human life. Follow their exciting history over the years. Legends, myths, and traditions will be the key stops of this journey. You might even want to create your own modern herb garden! All of the above will be analyzed further and in detail in this online course part of the Arts and Culture category.Well, after completing this course you will be able to use craftily all the beneficial herbs and at the same time receive a training certificate.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +30 2103 689 359