Applicants must demonstrate entrepreneurship, OR existing involvement in the development of an existing business. This experience could be:
- Building a company
- Raising finance for a project
- Developing or implementing a new venture within a company
- Planning a new business or business venture
- Investing in an entrepreneurial activity
- Working for a media company that encourages entrepreneurship
- Working as a professional advisor (lawyer, accountant, agent) in the creative industries
While many applicants will have a degree from a British or overseas university, we will consider applicants who do not have a degree if they have an impressive portfolio, a creative track record or an alternative qualification.
Months of entry
Would you like to start your own arts business? Our MA gives you all the tools to create the creative businesses of the future – whether in publishing, theatre, games, film, television, music or digital entertainment.
Over the course of the two years, participants looking to set up or build upon their own existing business will expect to:
- Learn the business and creative dynamics of each of the seven domains
- Gain all the personal and professional tools needed to set up and run their own business
- Leave with a fully worked-through business proposal or plan that has been taken to investors, partners and has been mentored by a dynamic business leader in the field
Participants already working within a business can expect to take back:
- A 360-degree view of the creative business sectors adjacent to their own existing specialisation
- Management, legal, accountancy and planning skills that are key to the development of any business and of their own careers
- A fully worked-through proposal for a new venture, a new division, or a new solution to an existing project or business plan proposal in need of development
Information for international students
The NFTS welcomes students from around the world. More information about our entry requirements, including Visa and English language requirements, can be found here.
Fees and funding
The NFTS is committed to ensuring it is open to students of genuine ability, no matter what their background or financial circumstances. As an institution that develops the next generation of creative talent we feel a special responsibility to ensure our creative industries reflect the full diversity of our country.
For advice about fees and funding, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
Course contact details
- Helen Brownridge