Months of entry
This online course enables you to match your educational needs with your professional practice. You will gain the knowledge and skills needed for optimal clinical evaluation of the allergic patient. You will also learn how to manage common allergic conditions, such as eczema, food allergy, asthma and drug allergy.
- basic immunology for clinical allergy practice
- clinical evaluation of the allergic patient, including diagnostic options and management approaches
- asthma and allergic rhinitis
- allergic skin disease, including eczema, urticaria and angioedema
- drug allergy
- food allergy (both lgE mediated disease and non IgE mediated disease)
- 'hot topics' in allergy
This innovative course is aimed at those who already have a primary qualification (eg MBBS, BDS, BSc) and are working in health or life sciences field. It has been developed to provide a flexible approach, making it sustainable and compatible with modern career pathways whilst addressing the needs of a modern health service.
Information for international studentsTo study this course you need to meet the following English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 7.0 in writing and reading and 6.5 in speaking and listening) Pre-sessional English Language courses are not accepted as an alternative entry to this course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Jenny Yeo, Degree Programme Director
- +44 (0) 191 208 7032