The E-Business (E-Marketing) MSc is suitable for ambitious people from any academic and professional background who want to develop their career at the exciting intersection of technology, business, entrepreneurship and organisational behaviour, either as consultants, managers or in their own ventures.
More specifically, the E-Business (E-Marketing) MSc is oriented to professionals that want to excel in the areas of marketing, sales and customer service, working for technology start-ups to multinational corporations and including the work at product and service provider levels.
This Master’s programme is also suitable for graduates who would like to continue their studies towards a PhD at Newcastle University.
What knowledge does the programme deliver:
The programme provides students with this fine-grained knowledge of:
•The business value of contemporary information and communication technologies
• Business planning and new ventures
• The link between strategic objectives and e-business systems
• End-to-end business processes such as the ones including clients and suppliers
• The management and development of e-business systems
• The understanding of the marketing function in organisations
• Customer relationship management
• The strategic use of the Internet and systems to attract, engage and retain customers.
Some relevant topics developed in the E-Business (E-Marketing) MSc programme are: social media, mobile commerce, big data, behavioural targeting, data mining, campaign management, e-mail marketing, e-sales, call centres, and online self-service.
Part of a suite of programmes focussing on e-business, related programmes in this range include E-Business MSc and E-Business (Information Systems) MSc.