Normally an upper-second-class Honours degree, or an international equivalent. Applicants must also have a basic level of numeracy equivalent to GCSE or above.
Months of entry
This programme focuses on the analysis of individual companies and there is a significant emphasis on accounting, corporate strategy and valuation in addition to the core financial analysis modules.
The MA is aimed at graduates from management, business or economics based disciplines who would like to gain more specialist knowledge of issues related to financial analysis. It will also appeal to non-business graduates with good numeracy levels who wish to develop financial skills and understanding.
Accredited by ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and AIA (The Association of International Accountants) the programme provides candidates with seven exemptions from selected professional examination papers.
Though the programme you will develop:
• academic and practical understanding of core subjects within an international context
• skills in the manipulation of spreadsheets, databases, econometric and statistical software, with practical study of real world data via DataStream and other industry sources
• skills in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
• an analytical approach to complex data leading to sound judgements around investment management
• the ability to synthesise complex information through presentation of a report on a company of your choice, based on your analysis of financial and accounting data, strategy and corporate governance, concluding with a valuation of the company itself
The emphasis on ‘hands on’ analysis of real world data using industry sources offers a particularly rich learning experience for students on this programme.
Information for international studentsTo study this course you need to meet our Band 6 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
Please see our on-line Prospectus for further information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Office, Business School
- +44 (0) 191 208 1503