A 2:2 honours degree, or an international equivalent, in chemistry, earth science, environmental science, geology, applied science, geochemistry or industrial chemistry. We will also consider your application on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and at least two years of relevant experience.
Months of entry
- solid waste management
- groundwater contamination and remediation
- ground investigation - design, principles and practice
- research methods
- introduction to microbiology and microbial transformation of pollutants
- aqueous geochemistry
- sources, fates and control of pollutants
- the environment business
- contaminated land
- environmental analytical geochemistry
- geographic information systems
Information for international studentsTo study this course you need to meet our Band 6 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Academic Secretary, School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
- +44 (0) 191 208 6605