A 2:2 honours degree, or an international equivalent, in subjects such as engineering, science, physical geography, maths or physics. We will also consider applicants on an individual basis with lower or non-standard qualifications if they have at least two years of relevant experience.
Months of entry
The Environmental Engineering MSc provides you with the advanced understanding, technical knowledge and practical skills required to enable you to develop a successful career in the environmental industries worldwide.
This course enables you to provide clean water, treat wastewater, manage solid waste, remediate contaminated land and control air pollution. You will study the areas of:
- mathematical and scientific analytical methods appropriate to environmental engineering and research investigations
- engineering project management and design
- integrated pollution prevention and control
- management principles and business practices
- design, construction and operations practices
- health and safety issues
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 6 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Academic Secretary, School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
- +44 (0)191 208 6332