A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in electrical and electronic engineering or computer engineering. Other subjects that may be considered include mechanical engineering, physics, communications, information and control engineering, building electricity and intelligence, computer science and technology.
Months of entry
- renewable energy
- power electronics
- state space analysis and controller design
- control of electric drives
- design of modern electrical machines and drives
- electrical machines
- power systems operation
The advanced knowledge and skills you will gain from this course:
- modeling and analysis of engineering systems, processes and products
- design of electrical power systems and components
- computer-aided design and analysis techniques, including software packages like MATLAB, Simulink and PSpice
- specialist topic of your choice through an in-depth research project.
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 1 English Language requirements: Direct Entry : IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Programmes Tutor
- +44(0) 191 208 6154