A 2:2 honours degree in a relevant subject, or an international equivalent. You also need three to six months' relevant practical experience. You will also be considered on an individual basis if you have non-standard qualifications and/or relevant practical experience.
Months of entry
- structural and functional integrity of ecosystems
- biological and socio-economic drivers of ecosystem change
- governance and management of resource use
- Marine Resources and Renewable Energy (MRRE): antifouling and ballast water treatment; bacterial bioactive products; bioenergy
- Oceans and Climate focuses on the production, consumption and air-sea exchange of greenhouse gases.
Information for international studentsTo study this course you need to meet our Band 2 English Language requirements: Direct Entry : IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Susan Davies, Postgraduate Programme Co-ordinator, School of Marine Science and Technology
- +44 (0) 191 208 8912