A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, metallurgical or materials engineering, offshore engineering or naval architecture.
Months of entry
This course teaches you the essential skills required to become a practicing pipeline engineer. The oil and gas industry help to specify the curriculum so we meet their requirements in high-pressure offshore and onshore pipelines.
You will gain:
- an understanding of the key steps in a pipeline's lifecycle: design, construction, installation, asset management, maintenance and dismantling
- experience from specialists in pipeline operation
- the ability to develop a thesis through selection of appropriate experimental, computer simulation or data analysis procedures
- skills in identifying, designing and applying laboratory tests to solve pipeline engineering problems
- knowledge in applying appropriate mathematical models in the simulation of pipeline engineering problems
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Marine Science and Technology
- +44 (0) 191 208 8912