A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in mechanical or mechanical related engineering (eg automotive, aeronautical or design), maths, physics or a related discipline.
Months of entry
The Mechanical Engineering MSc develops your knowledge and skills in mechanical engineering. You have the opportunity to undertake in-depth studies through your research projects.
This course is intended for honours graduates (or an international equivalent) in mechanical or mechanical-related engineering (eg automotive, aeronautical or design), maths, physics or a related discipline.
The taught part of the course consists of major engineering themes such as:
- energy sources and storage
- vehicle drives and dynamics
- computational methods
- engineering software
You will develop skills in:
- mechanical engineering principles, practices, materials, components and systems
- research and information retrieval
- data collection
- critical evaluation and effective application
- current and developing practices in the field
Your project is chosen from an extensive range of subjects. Project work can range from fundamental studies in areas of basic engineering science to practical design, make and test investigations.
Information for international students
English Language requirements - 12 Month MSc
To study this course you need to meet our Band 2 English Language requirements:
Direct Entry : IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills)
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- David Swailes, Degree Programme Director, School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering
- +44 (0) 191 208 6163