A 2:2 BSc or BEng honours degree, or international equivalent, in a related subject, such as microbiology; agriculture; environmental engineering; biology; biological sciences; ecology; environmental science; zoology; marine biology; oceanography; geography. We will also consider applicants on an individual basis with lower or non-standard qualifications.
Months of entry
This Ecological Consultancy master's will prepare you for a career as an ecological consultant or in other environmental roles. The course has a professional focus, preparing you for the workplace.
We equip you with key skills required for careers in ecology, including:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote sensing
- experimental and survey design
- wildlife surveying
- wildlife legislation and natural history
- Environmental Impact Assessment
We provide a link to cutting-edge research that feeds into ecological consultancy, eg:
- research projects on black grouse and wind farms. Paper in review with the Journal of Applied Ecology
- noise and bird behaviour,
Ecological consultants contribute to the course via informal talks. Practitioners with extensive UK wildlife legislation and wildlife management experience teach on some modules.
Information for international students
English Language requirements: Direct Entry : IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Academic Secretary
- +44 (0) 191 208 4848