A 2:2 BSc honours degree, or international equivalent, in any science subject. Arts and humanities subjects are not normally accepted, but will be considered if you have good relevant industrial experience following graduation/post-degree.
We will also consider applicants with non-degree level qualifications as long you also have a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience and are educated to at least UK HND level (or overseas equivalent).
Relevant industry experience can include such things as:
- working in the packaging supply chain industries and/or
- in a packaging role in the manufacturing
- retail sector and food manufacture operations management/ technology
- QA manager roles that incorporate packaging
Individual student qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Months of entry
Our Food Packaging PGCert focusses on innovation, traceability and design of food packaging in the food suppliers industry.
You will be suitable for this course if you are:
- a packaging technologist
- a production supervisor
- a packaging developer
- wanting to undertake food packaging projects
The PG Certificate consists of three modules:
- current issues in food safety, security and packaging
- food packaging interactions
- food packaging and sustainability
The modules will include presentations from key industry figures in packaging safety and regulation. Industrial case studies will be used to present the strategies and solutions to current issues, helping you gain a deeper insight into the application of how theory and practice meet in real world scenarios.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Academic Secretary
- +44 (0)191 208 4848