We have no formal requirements, however applicants will be required to complete our application process and attend 2 interviews, one of which will be with a senior member of our training team.
Months of entry
A three year part time Diploma Course leading to qualification as a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor with Children and Adolescents. The course is BACP and UKCP accredited.
The Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (DPC) with Children & Adolescents course is a cost effective, manageable training route which runs on weekday evenings and is designed for those seeking to become professional counsellors with children and adolescents. It is also relevant for individuals who may wish to develop and expand advanced counselling skills within either work or vocational settings.
- Length of course: 3 years
- Primary mode of study: Part-time; Weekend (normally 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday once per month)
- Location: Newcastle Training Centre
- Specialism: Children & Adolescents
- Accreditation: Register and practice as a BACP-accredited Therapeutic Counsellor and potentially as a UKCP-accredited Child Psychotherapeutic Counsellor on completion of all requirements.
- Progression: In the final year, it is possible to progress onto the Diploma in Child Psychotherapy
Fees and funding
Our students are eligible for PCDL funding, of up to £10,000. Contact us for details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Sarah Bell