We have no formal requirements, however applicants will be required to complete our application process and attend 2 interviews, one of which will be with a senior member of our training team.
Months of entry
A four year part-time training, this dynamic, focused and well-structured training is theory, practice and skills based, and taught from a Humanistic, Integrative and Psychodynamic perspective. In addition to cutting edge theory, you will learn applied arts-based creative methods for working with children and adolescents and have the opportunity to research your work. Please note that the Diploma in Child Psychotherapy combines both Child and Adolescent training.
- Length of course: 4 years
- Primary mode of study: Part-time, Weekend
- Location: Newcastle Training Centre
- Specialism: Children & Adolescents
- Accreditation: Course Accredited by UKCP. Register and practice as a UKCP-accredited Child Psychotherapist on completion of all course requirements.
- Progression: Towards the end of the third year, it is possible to apply to progress onto the PGDip/MSc in Psychotherapy.
Fees and funding
Our students are eligible for PCDL funding, of up to £10,000. Contact us for details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Sarah Bell