Applicants should possess one of the following: •an honours degree •a recognised level five diploma in leadership or management •an equivalent professional qualification •over 3 years appropriate work experience. For those who already hold an existing level seven award in Leadership or Management, exemptions of up to 60 credits may be available
Months of entry
The Masters in Leadership and Management is an innovative postgraduate work based degree course delivered over two and a half years which provides an excellent learning platform for aspiring or existing leaders and managers.
Designed for those who wish to gain a postgraduate degree whilst balancing employment and a range of other commitments, this course develops knowledge, skills and competence in the areas of personal development, leadership, management and strategy.
Furthermore, you will work on developing research skills, critical thinking and effective organisational improvement techniques as well as exploring all the personal competences associated with leadership and management in complex, dynamic and excellence focused organisations.
But it’s not just about cutting edge theory; it’s also about hands-on practical experience. To this end, you are encouraged to build on your own leadership and management experience with work related assignments which will contribute to self, career and workplace improvement.
To support you in your studies, the course uses a combination of teaching and learning approaches, including:
- Twelve two day workshops delivered on Friday and Saturdays for those wishing to study on a part time basis.
- Fully distance learning with weekly podcast and video cast for those who cannot attend sessions
- Optional workshops and tutorials for each module delivered by highly qualified teaching professionals with real world experience.
- An on-line study portal which provides access to a range of e-books, over 300 electronic databases and 30,000 electronic journals.
- A reading pack for each module.
- Materials delivered weekly on line for all learners, with video and podcast designed to allow you to study at a pace which suits your lifestyle.
- Study materials, providing knowledge and understanding, which also helps you apply your ideas to the workplace
- Work related assignments that give you an opportunity to develop and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding and provide evidence of competence.
This is a stimulating course that results in a recognized qualification designed to mould you into effective, reflective leaders and managers within your organisation or to aid your career progression.
If you are looking to develop yourself, and are keen to challenge and continually improve existing working practices, interact with others effectively, and show a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development, then this course gives you an unbeatable opportunity to drive your management and leadership potential to new heights
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum score in each component of 5.5. Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 0191 227 4453