Applicants will normally have graduated in an area of health or social care, be registered with a relevant professional body and have a minimum of 2 years practical experience.
Months of entry
- focuses on teaching, assessing and supporting student learning offers accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- is for anybody employed by Northumbria University who supports student learning
- comprises a wide range of free standing optional modules and offers a wide range of postgraduate awards
- is extremely flexible and accredits relevant prior learning
- fosters communication and collaboration among University staff and is free of charge
The programme is for anybody at Northumbria who supports student learning, i.e. lecturing, research and support staff (e.g. working in Student Services or the Library and Information Services).
The focus of the programme is on academic practice in the support of student learning. It aims to enable the participants to use evidence to teach and support students in a way that helps students learn, inquire into issues arising from their own academic practice, develop their practice by undertaking research, evaluation and systematic reflection, collaborate with colleagues, share their developing, understandings and practice in public forums and become more committed, informed and articulate practitioners who can help teaching and learning in the University to develop.
Information for international students
IELTS score of 6.5 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 5.5 Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51
Fees and funding
Northumbria University Staff Development Programme
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- + 44 (0) 191 243 7900