Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The entry requirement for this programme is normally an honours degree or Cert Ed (former school teaching qualification). Candidates with ordinary degrees or non degree level professional qualifications will be considered upon application.
Plus one of the following:
- International/English Language Requirements:
- International applicants are required to have one of the following English language qualifications with grades as shown below.
- A British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 6.0
- Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 54.
The University also accepts many other English language qualifications and if you have any questions about our English Language requirements please contact the International Admissions Office and we will be glad to assist you.
Months of entry
Are you a qualified teacher who would like to develop your knowledge of the wider issues surrounding work with dyslexic pupils in schools?
The Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching Pupils with Dyslexia will provide you with the specialist skills and knowledge required to enhance the learning of pupils with dyslexia in a school context.
This one-year course will allow you to understand the challenges faced by pupils in the classroom through the application of practical and theoretical knowledge.
Accredited by the British Dyslexia Association (BDA), this course has been designed to meet both the individual and organisational needs of school teachers working at all stages of compulsory education.
On graduation you possess the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively teach pupils who suffer from dyslexia, in addition to possessing a strong foundation that will allow you to progress your learning to Masters level, should you wish to further progress your qualification.
Information for international students
IELTS score of 6.5 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 5.5 Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 0191 243 7900