You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) containing some evidence of quantitative ability.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
Months of entry
Our MSc Finance degree provides you with a more in-depth understanding of core financial concepts, theories and tools used in a wide variety of organisations worldwide. This includes financial mathematics, model building, risk management, and mergers and acquisitions. It’s designed for ambitious individuals with quantitative abilities but not necessarily a finance related degree who are seeking a career in finance.
You'll be applying knowledge, tools and techniques to resolve issues in new and diverse situations within the finance disciplines. You'll also evaluate the rigour and validity of published research, and assess its relevance to the practice of finance.
Our Finance degree has been created in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Finance (CFA). The modules you study will also contribute towards the Institute's own qualifications, which you can work towards upon completion of your degree.
Nottingham Business School is a UK leader in finance and business education. A finance degree from us gives you the foundations and opportunities to pursue a wide range of exciting careers.
Why choose this degree?
- It is run by tutors who have both academic and practical industry experience in finance.
- The emphasis of the course is on applying knowledge, skills and techniques to analyse the instruments, participants and markets in international finance.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You can learn from the best by attending guest lectures from leading organisations. Previous speakers have included representatives from companies such as E.ON, Lego, Experian, Santander, and IBM.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
Information for international students
You'll need to meet the minimum English entry requirement for your chosen course to qualify to study here at NTU. The requirements for all our courses are listed on our English language pages.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4460