You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) containing some evidence of quantitative ability.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and/or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
Months of entry
Our MSc Finance and Investment Banking course will teach you about analysing and valuing investment products, critical analysis of information in derivatives markets and portfolio and investment management. You'll explore the operation of markets, their major participants and the regulatory environments, as well as building a firm understanding of corporate finance, basic accounting and financial analysis.
You'll work with tools and techniques in an applied setting, using our state-of-the-art Trading Room equipped with the latest Bloomberg software to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in this sector.
Our Finance and Investment Banking degree has been created in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Finance (CFA). The modules you study will also contribute towards the Institute's own qualifications, which you can work towards upon completion of your degree.
Nottingham Business School is a UK leader in finance and business education. A finance degree from us gives you the foundations and opportunities to pursue a wide range of exciting careers.
Why choose this degree?
- The degree will give you a wide-ranging theoretical background and equip you with practical skills for active interaction in the world of finance.
- The emphasis of the degree is on applying knowledge, skills and techniques to analyse the instruments, participants and markets in international finance.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4460