- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
To get in touch If you need any more help or information, please email our Admissions Team or call on +44 (0)115 848 4200.
Months of entry
Whether you want to work for a major international brand or an innovative creative agency, our popular MSc Branding and Advertising degree will help you develop into an effective marketing communications professional. The course is aimed at students from a range of backgrounds, who want to specialise in branding and marketing communications. You will develop skills and learn from leading-edge theories, tools and techniques you'll need to operate at a strategic and tactical level within global marketing.
This course will give you an exciting and stimulating opportunity to reflect on how organisations can rise to the communications challenges of the 21st Century.
Created in close consultation with senior marketing professionals and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), our course will develop the skills that are sought after by today’s marketing employers. When you successfully complete your MSc Branding and Advertising degree, you'll have the opportunity to gain an extra qualification, the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing.
Why choose this degree?
- Small group teaching delivered by a team of specialists who have both academic and extensive marketing industry credentials.
- As an MSc Branding and Advertising student you will gain a Graduate Gateway accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) which means you will have the option to gain a second professional qualification.
- You will complete a hands-on project; giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge, you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Typically, these routes are made up of students from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- You can also add a year’s work placement to your studies making your Master’s a two-year course (not available for January starters) providing you with an increase competitive edge over your peers.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Help and support
If you have any questions about your qualifications or about making an application to the University please contact our international team for advice.
Fees and funding
The course fees are:
- £9,500 (one year full-time)
- £10,885 (£9,500 in Year One and £1,385 in Year Two)
The government introduced a new postgraduate loan scheme for Master degrees. The loan will be a contribution towards the costs of study and it will be at the student's discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs.
NTU is pleased to offer a number of scholarships worth up to the value of half your tuition fee. These scholarships are available to students who have been made an offer of a place to study on an eligible postgraduate Masters course starting in September 2018 or January 2019 and the scholarships will be available in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
We award these competitive scholarships to students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4460