- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) in one of the following fields: economics, business, management, finance or another social science-related subject (containing quantitative methods at level 1 as a minimum), or a quantitatively-based subject such as science, engineering or maths.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and/or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
Months of entry
Our MSc Economic and Investment Banking degree is designed to deepen your understanding of financial markets and institutions,their relationship with economies and their wider significance in everyday lives. You will study a range of ideas relating to economics,finance and investment, which alongside the development of relevant skills and methods, which enable to you to better, analyse and understand economic and financial issues.
You will develop your understanding of the interaction between the financial sector and the real economy, which is vitally important with today's highly financialised and globally interdependent economies. The experiential project gives you the opportunity to apply the knowledge and analytical skills you’ve acquired on the course, and you’ll have the opportunity to show organisations, whether in the private, public or the voluntary sector, the practical relevance of the tools of economic and finance.
Actively studying a systematic blend of theoretical insight with practical relevance equips you for a highly successful graduate career in many business and finance related occupations. You will develop a wide range of skills and abilities that will enhance your employability and enable you to achieve your own personal objectives.
As an Economics student, you’ll have access to our unique Trading Room facility. With 12 double-screen workstations, the room gives you a simulated experience of working in the fast-moving world of shares and trading. You can access sophisticated analysis tools and data on worldwide financial markets.
Why choose this degree?
- You’ll be encouraged to think like an economist, through the application of economic ideas and methods drawn from a range of alternative perspectives.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You’ll complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
Information for international students
You'll need to meet the minimum English entry requirement for your chosen course to qualify to study here at NTU. The requirements for all our courses are listed on our English language pages.
Fees and funding
The course fees are:
- £9,500 (one year full-time)
- £10,885 (£9,500 in Year One and £1,385 in Year Two)
The government introduced a new postgraduate loan scheme for Master degrees. The loan will be a contribution towards the costs of study and it will be at the student's discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs.
NTU is pleased to offer a number of scholarships worth up to the value of half your tuition fee. These scholarships are available to students who have been made an offer of a place to study on an eligible postgraduate Masters course starting in September 2018 and the scholarships will be available in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
We award these competitive scholarships to students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Course length: 12 months full-time without internship; 15 months full-time with internship.
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4460