You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). One academic or vocational reference is required.
Months of entry
Our innovative and unique MSc Entrepreneurship degree is aimed at ambitious future entrepreneurs from any academic discipline providing them the opportunity to create your own-start up. This course combines rigorous academic theory with the practical skills, hands-on experience and valuable networks you need to make your business a success.
The aim of the course is to foster innovation and value creation, giving you the knowledge, skills and capabilities to create and lead successful start-ups. You will develop a strong foundation in building and managing the key functions of a new venture. We will expose you to the networks and investment opportunities you will need to get your ideas off the ground, and there is even the chance to access seed funding directly from the Business School.
You will learn how to control risk and uncertainty, implement solutions and maximise opportunities. In your final semester, you’ll undertake the Entrepreneurship Experience Project, which enables you to being setting up a new business venture and attracting finance.
Why choose this degree?
- Through an ‘Innovation and Enterprise Hub’ you will have the opportunity to set up and establish your own enterprise and be mentored by experts in the field, or perhaps develop ideas for a family business with which you are involved already.
- During the course your professional and business networks will be enriched by an international experience, following a ‘young’ entrepreneurial firm, experiencing directly the entrepreneurial journey.
- The course provides you a unique seed fund and access to the entrepreneurial community, presenting you with connections to experts, entrepreneurs, business angels and capitalists.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, normally held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- All Entrepreneurship students at Nottingham Business School will have access to The Hive, a purpose built centre dedicated to helping turn business ideas into reality.
Information for international students
English language requirements apply.
Fees and funding
The course fees are:
The government introduced a new postgraduate loan scheme for Master degrees. The loan will be a contribution towards the costs of study and it will be at the student's discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs.
NTU is pleased to offer a number of scholarships worth up to the value of half your tuition fee. These scholarships are available to students who have been made an offer of a place to study on an eligible postgraduate Masters course starting in September 2018 and the scholarships will be available in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
We award these competitive scholarships to students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4460