Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will usually:
- have at least 6 months experience of working in the HE sector in an administrative or managerial capacity; and
- be currently working within the UK or Republic of Ireland HE sector; and
- hold a UK or Republic of Ireland undergraduate degree or equivalent.
If you do not hold a first degree you may be admitted to the programme if you:
- have at least 12 months of experience of working in the HE sector in an administrative or managerial capacity; and
- are currently working within the UK or Republic of Ireland HE sector; and/or
- hold equivalent professional or other qualifications, judged on a case-by-case basis.
All applications are considered on an individual basis. Your personal statement, supporting professional reference, qualifications and experience are all taken into account.
Months of entry
The AUA Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration, Management and Leadership (PGCert) is a work-based learning programme for higher education professionals working within UK higher education administration.
The programme deepens and tests your knowledge and understanding of the Higher Education (HE) sector whilst enhancing your skills as a reflective practitioner, incorporating the AUA values and CPD Framework of Professional Behaviours into your working life.
The programme will:
- Engage you in a process of planned professional development, based on reflection and self-assessment of your skills and competencies in professional contexts
- Develop your understanding and critical awareness of current issues in the sector, through independent learning and research
- Develop an understanding of leadership and management in the context of HE
- Enhance your professional practice through critical appraisal of, and reflection on, your knowledge, skills, behaviours and values
- Develop reflective skills enabling you to apply your knowledge and understanding to evaluate and analyse your practice and experiences.
These courses in Higher Education Administration, Management and Leadership are underpinned by academic rigour and designed to help students to develop knowledge and skills that can be easily transferred to the workplace. Ultimately, the courses aim to develop excellent administrators who have the skills, integrity and commitment to make a positive contribution to the societies in which they live and work.
Information for international students
Unfortunately, we cannot accept International students onto this course. As a part-time course we are unable to accept applications from students that require a Student Route visa.
Fees and funding
For details on course fees and any funding available please visit our fees and funding page for further information and any additional support.
Please visit the AUA website for more details on fees for this course.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4200