You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Our MSc Management and Finance course explores the financial global marketplace, including its structure participants, regulatory functions and their role in society. You’ll also focus on the analysis of financial statements to improve management decision-making, as well as the role of ethics and sustainability
You'll consider key aspects of the financial management of corporations in a multinational environment. This will help you develop a detailed understanding of key finance theories, as well as strong critical analysis skills.
You’ll start with an exploration of the global financial marketplace – its structure and participants, the types of market, regulatory functions, and their changing role in society. Then you’ll concentrate on the analysis of financial systems, improving your management decision-making by evaluating and applying a range of analytical techniques.
When you graduate, you'll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Institute of Managers (CMI) Level 7 qualification in Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you'll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
Why study this degree?
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- The degree will provide you with a grounding in the key functional areas of business and the way that these areas are integrated in globally orientated organisations.
- It will also develop your specialist knowledge in corporate finance and risk management.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
- We are 9th for the number of postgraduate taught students studying Management Studies (HESA data 2016/17)
Information for international students
You'll need to meet the minimum English entry requirement for your chosen course to qualify to study here at NTU. The requirements for all our courses are listed on the English language pages.
Fees and funding
NTU is pleased to offer a number of scholarships worth up to the value of half your tuition fee. These scholarships are available to students who have been made an offer of a place to study on an eligible postgraduate Masters course starting in September 2018 and the scholarships will be available in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4460