You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Our MSc Management and Finance course explores the financial global marketplace, including its structure participants, regulatory functions and their role in society. You’ll also focus on the analysis of financial statements to improve management decision-making, as well as the role of ethics and sustainability.
You'll consider key aspects of the financial management of corporations in a multinational environment. This will help you develop a detailed understanding of key finance theories, as well as strong critical analysis skills.
You’ll start with an exploration of the global financial marketplace – its structure and participants, the types of market, regulatory functions, and their changing role in society. Then you’ll concentrate on the analysis of financial systems, improving your management decision-making by evaluating and applying a range of analytical techniques.
When you graduate, you'll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Institute of Managers (CMI) Level 7 qualification in Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you'll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
Why study this degree?
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship or a Business Research Project.
- The degree will provide you with a grounding in the key functional areas of business and the way that these areas are integrated in globally orientated organisations.
- It will also develop your specialist knowledge in corporate finance and risk management.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2019 ranking for Masters in Management.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200