Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Our MSc Management and Marketing course gives you a strong understanding of the fundamental issues behind marketing practice. You will explore the marketing planning process, marketing concepts and debates. You will also develop an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the consumer by exploring buyer behaviour.
Building on this, you will examine strategic marketing issues and contemporary practice, taking a holistic view of how organisations respond to an ever-changing global environment. This includes understanding how marketing operates not just in a consumer-facing context, but also in business-to-business and not-for-profit contexts.
You will become equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to develop and implement innovative, value-adding marketing solutions to help maintain superior customer satisfaction.
You’ll become a well-rounded manager able to operate globally and across a wide variety of business environments. We’ll give you the theoretical insights and practical relevance necessary for a successful graduate career in management.
When you graduate, you'll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Institute of Managers (CMI) Level 7 qualification in Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you'll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
Why study this degree?
- We are ranked Top 20 for Marketing in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- You will complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship and Business Research Project.
- This route has been designed to provide you with an understanding of marketing principles and practices and key analytical techniques.
- Typically, these routes are made up of students from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
NBS is accredited by EQUIS and AACSB, which are internationally recognised hallmarks of excellence and quality for business education. We are ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2019 ranking for Masters in Management.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200