- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.1 or above) in marketing or in business management with a substantive element of marketing content.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
- If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
Months of entry
In a competitive environment where organisations are focusing on long-term business planning to succeed, there is a high demand for strategic marketing professionals at senior level. Drawing on the expertise of both our marketing faculty and industry partners, our MSc Strategic Marketing and Leadership takes a contemporary view of marketing practice and challenges you to critically analyse and apply the underpinning frameworks and theories.
- develop skills and knowledge to become an effective strategic marketing professional with a global outlook, equipped for a successful international career in marketing, business or management.
- ability to evaluate the rigour and validity of published research and assess its relevance to the practice of conventional marketing and synthesise existing research to identify alternative approaches.
- demonstrate proficiency in the use of techniques of research and enquiry to draw conclusions from a critical evaluation of relevant conventional marketing issues.
- understand traditional and contemporary debates related to the philosophy and practice of marketing and business strategy.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
If you opt for the two-year option you can add a year’s work placement onto your course. It’s a great way to put your learning into practice and gain valuable real-world experience to help boost your career prospects once graduating. Completion of a placement means you'll also qualify for a Placement Diploma in Industrial Experience.
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- 0115 848 4200