Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need:
- a degree from a UK higher education institution or equivalent qualification;
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science at minimum grade C / 4 or equivalent;
- Two years relevant and recent experience of practice prior to being assessed against the Teachers' Standards (Early Years) and the ability to evidence this;
- Disclosure and Barring Service and Prohibition Order checks;
- You will complete a diagnostic assessment of your fundamental English and mathematics skills at interview. This will inform any development that you need to undertake leading up to and during your training. There is no longer a requirement to complete Department for Education Professional Skills Tests;
- If you your setting is based further than 50 miles from Nottingham please contact us to discuss if we can support you before making an application.
Months of entry
January, March, September
Ideal for experienced graduates with substantial teaching experience, this short course is a route to gain Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) through an assessment of your current teaching.
The Assessment Only Route to EYTS allows you to demonstrate that you already meet all the Teachers' Standards (Early Years). It does not include any training and is only suitable if you are currently working as an unqualified practitioner.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time3 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200