You must be one of the following:
- a current SEN Coordinator
- intending to take up a SEN Coordinator role in the future and have access to the practice-based elements required for the course.
You must have obtained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status, prior to applying.
Months of entry
This statutory national award, in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Council, will develop your professional attributes, and improve your knowledge, skills and understanding to enable you to carry out your SENCO role effectively and with confidence.
This one year, National Award is available to SENCOs and other interested teachers from any school or education setting in the UK. It is delivered though a partnership between Nottingham Trent University and Nottinghamshire County Council. Prior to the establishment of the National Award, we had an established track record of jointly delivering a highly regarded induction course for SENCOs.
Why study this course?
- Achievement of this National Award is a legal requirement for all new SENCOs
- With only five compulsory days attendance, and distance support it is ideal to fit in with a busy lifestyle
- Benefit from an experienced course leader with a reputation in special education and inclusion
- Access all the University's resources and online workspace
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Leader: Sheine Peart