Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Students who enrol on this course will normally be required to have a 2:2 from their law degree or have acquired the equivalent knowledge of the key principles of law through a recognised course.
Months of entry
Passing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) 1 and SQE 2 are essential steps in your route to qualifying as a solicitor. The LLM Advanced Professional Legal Practice: SQE 1 and SQE 2 Preparation Course is designed to prepare you for both SQE assessments.
- This course provides an opportunity to obtain an internationally recognised Masters qualification that is eligible for the UK Government postgraduate loan.
- All our SQE preparation courses carry awards and are taught at Masters level.
- This course provides you with everything you need to have the best opportunity to pass SQE whilst also developing the professional skills that really matter to employers.
- You will be taught by our outstanding teaching team, all of whom are experienced legal professionals who will provide you with excellent and personalised teaching in a dynamic and interactive teaching environment.
- Our tutors will work with you to develop your essential legal skills whilst also preparing you for an assessment in which you will draw on your existing substantive legal knowledge and learn how to blend it with procedure to solve practical legal problems.
- You will also be supported to develop the five practical legal skills assessed in SQE 2.
- You have the option to write a dissertation in an area of interest or select from a choice of electives to enhance your employability.
- Opportunities for further practice and test the legal skills you acquire through mooting, negotiation, interviewing competitions to enhance your CV.
- Opportunity for “hands on” experience to develop professional skills and gain experience in our regulated and multi award winning teaching law firm, the NLS Legal Advice Centre.
Information for international students
English language requirements
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team