Undergraduate degree (2.2 or above).
Applicants should ensure that their referee provides a full reference in support of their application.
Months of entry
For non-Law graduates interested in becoming a solicitor or barrister, this course is the stepping stone to the Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course and a career as a solicitor or barrister in the UK. The course is approved by the Law Society and Bar Standards Board.
Why choose this course?
- It provides non-Law graduates with a route to becoming a solicitor or barrister in the UK.
- It's accredited by the Joint Academic Stage Board.
- You can gain legal work experience through our award-winning pro bono programme, including a Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- We offer a Commercial Awareness / Business Skills module which will help you to increase your employability.
- Students who successfully complete this course are guaranteed a place on Nottingham Law School's highly regarded LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC). Successful candidates intending to be barristers are also looked upon favourably for a place on our LLM Bar Professional Training Course. We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment. These courses can reach maximum capacity prior to the course start date.
- You will be taught in small groups by supportive teaching staff.
- Scholarships are available.
- Our summer schools programme will provide you with an insight into international law.
Information for international students
English language requirements - IELTS 6.5 is required by applicants whose first language is not English.
Fees and funding
Nottingham Law School offers a number of competitive scholarships. For full details please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Law School Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 848 4460