Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A good law degree, 2.2 or above.
- Applicants whose first degree is not Law will be required to provide evidence of commitment to the LLM subject that they wish to study.
- Applicants from other disciplines will be welcomed in appropriate circumstances, particularly if they have experience in the area, even if not as lawyers.
We specify these minimum entry requirements, but we will assess you individually on your ability to benefit from the course. We sometimes offer places on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications, and industrial or professional experience.
Months of entry
Our LLM International Financial Law course has been designed to respond to the rapid growth in the development of the law in international finance and to equip students for future careers in the financial sectors.
The course not only focuses on financial transactions and banking, but also insurance, which is a huge industry in both the UK and internationally.
Why choose this course?
- Fulfil the growing demand for appropriately qualified international financial law specialists within and beyond the legal profession.
- A variety of Scholarships are available.
- Ideal for students looking for employment in the wider field of financial law.
- Gain an understanding of the wider factors that may have influenced the area of international financial law such as theoretical, ethical, political, economic, and sociological factors.
- Benefit from a faculty providing forward-thinking teaching in the field.
- Optional wide-ranging modules allow students to tailor their degree to their interests.
- Attend an International Summer School and explore Law from a European perspective.
- 99% of our postgraduate Law School students are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (DLHE, postgraduate leavers 2016/17).
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our UG and PG degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our international qualifications page.
If you need to do a foundation course to meet our course requirements please visit Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation courses page.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. For this course, we usually require one of the following:
- IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill.
- An equivalent English language qualification.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our English language page.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements please visit our pre-sessional English course page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 848 4200