You will need one of the following options:
- a Qualifying Law degree (2.2 or above).
- Graduate Diploma in Law / CPE with an undergraduate degree (2.2 or above).
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives qualification.
All applicants should provide evidence in their personal statement of their commitment to a career in law and will be required to provide a full reference in support of their application.
We specify these minimum entry requirements, but we will assess you individually on your ability to benefit from the course. We sometimes offer places on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications, and industrial or professional experience.
Months of entry
January, September, April
We are confident that our LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC) will provide you with the best training currently available. We have an excellent reputation within the legal profession and our LPC has continuously received the highest possible grading from the Solicitors Regulation Authority in every area of the course.
Why study the LLM LPC at Nottingham Law School?
- Successful completion of all elements of the LLM LPC will result in the award of a Masters degree – an internationally recognised qualification.
- All our staff are experienced lawyers – many still practise – and you will benefit from their practical knowledge. Also you will benefit from our visiting lecturers.
- We teach in small groups to encourage student participation.
- Every student has a personal tutor. We get to know our students and support and encourage you in both your studies and in your employment applications at the start of your legal career.
- We have introduced a new elective – Advanced Advocacy – which will provide essential experience for anyone considering Higher Rights of Audience training.
- We offer a multi-award-winning pro bono programme, including a Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- Our dedicated and experienced careers consultants provide guidance and support to help you secure a training contract or other legal employment. Applicants are invited to a careers event in June, before the LPC course starts, so that you can benefit from working with our successful careers team.
- The number of graduates obtaining a training contract or paralegal work is consistently high.
- The Professional Legal Practice module provides practical experience and commercial insight, which will ensure you hit the ground running at the start of your career.
- Studying with Nottingham Law School means that you have all the facilities a large Law School can offer plus the advantages of studying within a university environment which offers outstanding library, IT, support, sports, language and student union services.
- Scholarships worth up to half the fee are available.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 (5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking) is required by applicants whose first language is not English.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Law School Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 848 4460