- Applicants should have successfully completed either the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), their precursors, or equivalent.
- Applications from members of other legal professions will also be considered with proof of a professional qualification.
- Applicants with Accredited Prior Experiential Learning of at least two years of verifiable legal professional experience (a form will be provided upon request).
- Applications by legal professionals from other jurisdictions with non-UK legal professional qualifications equivalent to the LPC or BPTC or verifiable APEL.
- Applicants who have been certified by the Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme.
Months of entry
January, April, September
Nottingham Law School provides an LLM (Masters in Law) award through distance learning to “top-up” professional legal qualifications or experience.
The LLM Legal Practice DL is available to individuals who have either undertaken and passed the UK Legal Practice Course (LPC), the Bar Professional Practice Course (BPTC), their precursors, equivalent professional certifications in non-UK jurisdictions, or the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme certification (QLTS).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time4-24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Law School Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 848 4460