A good law degree, 2.2 or above.
Applicants whose first degree is not Law will be required to provide evidence of commitment to the LLM subject that they wish to study.
Applicants from other disciplines will be welcomed in appropriate circumstances, particularly if they have experience in the area, even if not as lawyers.
We specify these minimum entry requirements, but we will assess you individually on your ability to benefit from the course. We sometimes offer places on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications, and industrial or professional experience.
Months of entry
The course builds upon our considerable expertise in this area and has been designed in response to the growing significance of legal issues surrounding the oil, gas and mining industry.
It will provide you with the foundations for a future career or further postgraduate (MPhil/PhD) study in most aspects of the regulatory and commercial world, as they relate to the international energy industry, with a specific focus on the petroleum and mining sectors of this burgeoning area of economic activity.
Why choose this course?
- Gain a strong analytical understanding of the key legal issues in this specialist and expanding area of Law.
- Gain an appreciation of the Oil, Gas and Mining industries in their global economic context.
- Benefit from our expertise in Oil, Gas and Mining as well as the complementary fields of International Trade and Commercial law.
- Choose a study route that suits you with full-time, part-time and distance learning options available.
- Attend an International Summer School with the opportunity to explore Law in a European context.
- Scholarships available.
- Individual modules can be studied for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) awards. Email us at email@example.com for details.
- 99% of our postgraduate Law School students are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (DLHE, postgraduate leavers 2016-17).
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 is required by applicants whose first language is not English.
Fees and funding
Nottingham Law School offers a number of competitive scholarships. Please visit our website for full details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Law School Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 848 4460