You will need a relevant Fashion Design or Knitwear Design Honours degree (2:2 minimum) or equivalent, and examples of work. For mature students and industry professionals, work experience will be taken into account if they do not have an Honours degree.
Months of entry
This course is for graduates and professionals who have achieved an intermediate level or above in pattern cutting and manufacture, and wish to develop their skills further. Throughout the course you will enhance your theoretical and practical knowledge in creative pattern cutting, and develop your abilities to engage confidently and professionally with the fashion industry and your career goals.
- Work in our extensive fashion design studios with industry-standard equipment and an expert staff team.
- Take part in a wide range of workshops and demonstrations.
- Have the opportunity to go on study visits to costume archives, museums and design exhibitions.
- Choose to collaborate with industry for your personal project. Recent student-led collaborations include Berghaus and
- After successful completion of this course you could progress to our MA Fashion Design.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you will need to meet our requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Art & Design Postgraduate Office
- +44 (0) 115 848 8434