Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience, and a creative portfolio.
Months of entry
This course allows you to develop your professional and educational profile, alongside employment or other commitments. With a similar curriculum to our full-time MA Graphic Design / Illustration / Branding degrees, this part-time course offers a more flexible engagement for students, in order to suit your individual needs.
Depending on your interests, you can study a range of specialist topics including graphics, illustration, branding and identity, and digital interactive media. You can choose to either propose and develop your own practical project, or opt to research and write a dissertation based on a topic of your choice.
Our MA Graphic Design Theory and Practice degree is ideal if you:
- want to continue your design education alongside employment
- are a professional who wants to develop new skills and knowledge in your design practice
- are someone who wants to follow a more academic career as a researcher, writer, commentator or educator.
- Have the support and flexibility to study a Masters course around other commitments, including employment
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations
- Choose to develop a practical project, or research and write a dissertation
- Enjoy the opportunity to study across the broad subject of graphic design, choosing specialist topics such as illustration, branding, and digital interactive media
- Be allocated a personal supervisor, who will provide continuity throughout the development of your work
- Take part in group tutorials and development workshops.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 848 4200