Minimum 2.1 (or equivalent)
Months of entry
We welcome applications to study topics that complement our current research.
Recently completed and current PhD/MPhil topics supervised by members of the group include those which enlarge knowledge of the construction and decoration of buildings, such as 17th-century masons and 18th-century wallpaper tradesmen in Britain, as well as designers of mosaics in 20th-century Italy. Students have also undertaken studies of work by key 20th-century architects, such as Le Corbusier and Sir Herbert Baker.
- Emeritus Professor Tim Benton – modern architecture and design
- Professor Elizabeth McKellar – 17th- and 18th-century British architecture and urbanism, including neo-Georgian and colonial architecture (18th–20th centuries)
- Professor Gill Perry – synergies between modern art, visual culture and architecture
- Dr Clare Taylor – history of the interior and designed objects (17th–20th centuries); history of collections and museums
- Dr Susie West – 17th and 18th-century architecture and material culture; heritage studies
Fees and funding
Please see The Open University website http://www.open.ac.uk/postgraduate/research-degrees/fees-and-funding for more information
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Arts Research
- +44 (0)1908 652479