Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent).
Months of entry
Materials chemistry is a vibrant area of research at the OU. We have an extensive track record in working synergistically with both industrial and academic partners.
Key themes of our research include:
- Catalysis research- focusing on the synthesis and characterisation of bimetallic catalysts for fuel cells and catalytic converters. We also have interests in characterising porous materials and surfaces.
- Condensed matter theory
- Green chemistry and resource efficiency research - focusing on recovery of high value chemicals from waste and biomass.
- Nanomaterials and nanocomposites - focusing on novel materials and their uses
- Organosilicon research - focusing on new materials and coatings based on silsesquioxanes, biomimetic organosilicon chemistry, the development of novel HPLC phases and the mechanism of substitution at silicon.
- Polymer processing and structure development research - focusing on understanding and predicting the effects of molecular variables during polymer processing.
- Supramolecular chemistry research - focusing on luminescent sensors and probes, and photoactive molecular devices.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Administrative Support
- +44 (0)1908 655808