Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent)
Months of entry
We welcome applications in areas that correspond with current staff research interests. We look for detailed and well thought-out proposals, which set out specific research questions and outline the originality of your topic or approach.
We are happy to consider research projects relating to one or more of our disciplinary areas. If appropriate, students may be attached to one of our funded projects:
- Cultures of Brass
- Atlantic Sounds: Ships and Sailortowns.
- Listening to music in wartime Britain
- The guitar in Victorian England
- Gender and the British brass band
- Popular music in Tunisia
- Learning, performance and entrainment in Cuban music
- Cultures of Brass - Atlantic Sounds: Ships and Sailortowns.
Fees and funding
Please see The Open University website for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Helen Coffey
- +44 (0)1908 653280