Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent)
Months of entry
The Philosophy discipline welcomes applications for graduate work in the history of philosophy; in particular, ancient philosophy, 19th- and 20th-century German philosophy, late-19th- and 20th-century French philosophy, and the history of philosophy of science. Research and research students are at the heart of the discipline. In joining us, you would join a lively and friendly graduate community. The discipline hosts papers by visiting speakers throughout the year, and an annual graduate conference at which students give papers on their work in progress.
Please consult the discipline website for details of applications for funded PhD places under the Consortium for the Humanities and the Arts Southeast England (CHASE) scheme. Applications outside that scheme should be submitted early in March, with interviews held during April. Decisions will be made by 1st May.
- Ancient philosophy
- 19th- and 20th-century German philosophy
- Late 19th- and 20th-century French philosophy
- The history of the philosophy of science
- Ancient philosophy - 19th- and 20th-century German philosophy - Late 19th- and 20th-century French philosophy - The history of the philosophy of science
Fees and funding
Please see The Open University website http://www.open.ac.uk/postgraduate/research-degrees/fees-and-funding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Professor Sophie Grace Chappell
- +44 (0)1908 659214