Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) and an MA or MSc
Months of entry
Work in this area examines identities of racialisation, racisms, religion, ethnicity; migration and mobilities; sexual identities, gendered identities and practices and class and culture.
Recent research includes work on:
- diaspora and cultural production
- media, diaspora and transnationalism
- sport and race
- migration, citizenship and families
- theorising migration and racism
- religion and gender
- faith in the city.
For guidance on choosing a research project, please visit the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Research website. Information there will help you identify and articulate your research project, and tells you who to contact to discuss it before writing your proposal and submitting an application.
- Dr Umut Erel - gender, migration, families, citizenship, skilled migration, migration and racialisation
- Professor Marie Gillespie - diaspora and media, transnationalism, gender and migration
- Dr Karim Murji - racialisation, ethnicity and racism, diversity and policing
- Dr Peter Redman - gender, sexuality and the psychosocial
- Professor Elizabeth Silva - gender, culture, technology
- Professor Sophie Watson - gender, religion, migration, race, conviviality, public space and diversity
Fees and funding
Please see The Open University website http://www.open.ac.uk/postgraduate/research-degrees/fees-and-funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Discipline Convenor
- +44 (0)1908 653947