Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You must hold an honours degree to study for this qualification. Although your degree need not be in humanities, you must have the basic skills expected of a graduate in that area. Both module will bring you up to date with the latest ideas and approaches in humanities but does not offer remedial undergraduate training if your qualifications and/or experience are inadequate.
Before you begin the diploma you must be able to:
- write clear, concise, accurate prose
- read large quantities of text quickly, accurately and critically
- classify evidence precisely and assess its value and reliability
- argue logically, consistently and sceptically
- marshal various sorts of evidence to support a logical argument.
Months of entry
This postgraduate diploma will suit anyone who has a passion for the arts and humanities and is looking for an intellectual challenge. At present our postgraduate diploma allows you to focus on either English or history. The English route explores a rich and varied range of literary texts from ancient times to the present. If you choose to study history, you’ll cover local and regional history at an advanced level.
Information for international students
This qualification can be studied from anywhere in the world.
Fees and funding
For more information about fees and funding, please visit The Open University website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time18 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The Open University
- 0300 303 5303