Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To apply for this qualification, you'll need to complete an application form, and:
- hold a degree in a health-related discipline. Applicants with evidence of equivalent professional development or academic proficiency will be considered. Applicants with non-European academic qualifications will need to supply evidence of equivalency through NARIC.
- be currently registered with one of the statutory regulators of health and care professions.
- be employed as a health care professional.
- provide evidence of your employer’s recommendation for your application for a programme of study leading to an Advanced Practice role, including a formal reference from the employer confirming the applicant demonstrates professional values and behaviours, respecting people’s diversity, beliefs, culture, needs, values and preferences, and shows respect and empathy acting as a role model for others. It should also confirm your ‘clinical readiness’ to undertake the programme.
- show evidence of employer support to undertake the programme including; the provision of a mentor to ensure appropriate learning in practice; the availability of appropriate supervision in clinical practice; and the provision of a Designated Prescribing Practitioner (DPP) with evidence of a qualification at level 7 during the Non-Medical prescribing module.
- have relevant post-qualification experience, as specified by the appropriate regulatory body.
There are additional entry requirements to study the Non-medical independent and supplementary prescribing module and you should read the module description for further details.
Months of entry
Information for international students
This qualification is not available outside of the UK.
Fees and funding
For more information about fees and funding, please visit The Open University website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time30 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The Open University
- 0300 303 5303