Minimum 2.1 (a STEM background is desirable for some but not all projects).
Months of entry
Public engagement in STEM research is carried out as a multi-disciplinary activity with involvement from the STEM faculty and partner units. The home of public engagement is eSTEeM, a centre that innovates and researches in learning, teaching and engagement. We have access to major channels for public engagement and operate internationally, giving us the opportunity for inter-cultural comparisons.
We welcome enquiries from prospective students in these areas:
- engaging via digital technologies and tools
- generating impact, engaging user communities with STEM research
- policy formation, governance and decision making.
- Citizen cyberscience: what motivates participation and how are these initiatives influencing public engagement activities in the sciences?
- Exploring ‘Digital Scholarship’ within a climate of openness and transparency: promoting the Large Hadron Collider and high-energy physics
- Professor Richard Holliman (STEM) – research supervision coordinator
- Institute of Educational Technology academic staff
- engaging via digital technologies and tools - generating impact, engaging user communities with STEM research - policy formation, governance and decision making.
Fees and funding
Please see The Open University website http://www.open.ac.uk/postgraduate/research-degrees/fees-and-funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Administrative support
- +44 (0)1908 659036